Thursday, May 21, 2009

May ICLW!

Just a little forewarning, if you came from ICLW and DON'T want to hear about pregnancy, hit the back button! I became pregnant since I signed up for this month!!!

Welcome ICLWers!!!

My name is Katie, I'm married to Christopher, and we are expecting TWINS!!! I am still very early in my pregnancy, so a little nervous, but surprising not as much as I thought I would be. I have been praying for peace, so I think God is definitely listening!

This blog is going to be primarily about my twin pregnancy, my husband, our pets, our March 08 heartbreaking miscarriage, and infertility. Thankfully I only dabbled a tiny bit into IF by getting pregnant one our first round of Clomid. I still have lots of friends that are still on this tough tough journey, and although I am pregnant, I still find myself very frustrated with the ignorance of the fertiles.

If you're pregnant with twins or have twins (or multiples!!!) please comment with your link, because I am a little intimidated on the cost of two babies and would really like to hear other experiences.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here are the US pictures I've been promising since Tuesday :)

Baby A is on the right, Baby B on the left


Baby A


Baby B


My appointment went well. It was so nice to FINALLY get blood take for pregnancy tests and fill out paper work because I am pregnant. It was nice to see them talk about different tests at different points in my pregnancy and to see MY BABIES' HEARTBEATS!!!

The babies are still measuring 5 days behind, just like I told that witch US tech. Baby A is actually the sac that I was concerned about a few weeks ago, and now she's bigger than Baby B! All of your prayers have worked! Now keep praying for them both, an B. His heart rate was 112, which the Dr said is okay, but she wants to see it over 120. But the babes were only measuring 5w6d, so their hearts JUST started beating THAT DAY, so I think 112 sounds pretty darn good. I bet it's just as high as A's today!

I am pretty sure A is a girl since she fertilized late (girl sperm being slower but living longer) and B being a boy since he fertilized first (being that boy sperm swim faster). And just cause I have a hunch. And because it would be so great if they were boy/girl! How fun would that be?

29 people that love me told me so:

Caz said...

I'm not from ICLW
But I loved that post.
Thanks so much for sharing, sending lots of prayers your way.

Caba said...

Hi! Thanks for commenting on my blog ... Twins are such an amazing blessing ... but quite a journey!

Something that was invaluable (still is) to me is twinstuff.com. They have a great expecting forum, lots of great advice, etc. Check it out ...

And I'll be adding you to my bloglines to follow along!

Elana Kahn said...

Those U/S pics are awesome! I have twins (9 weeks) from IVF, so feel free to check out my blog if you don't already. http://elanasmusings.blogspot.com

ICLW

Kylee said...

Congrats! Your u/s pics look like mine did! I have 5 year old b/g twins. Good luck and have a healthy 9 months!

Mrs. Gamgee said...

What a lovely sight! I'm so happy that baby A has caught up! Thank heaven for answered prayer.

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

Returning your ICLW comment...

I am 14w2d with twins. I can't really speak to the costs yet, because I haven't really bought anything for the babies, but with all that I spent on fertility treatments just in 2008 it will be a huge savings to have two babies! :)

Not sure if you've bought twin books yet, but if not, let me know and I can make some suggestions -- I have almost all of them. There are definitely things where you don't have to buy two, which will help with the immediate costs. College, though, is another story!

Best wishes.

Kim said...

Fantastic news and great pics! I am very glad you appointment went so well!

Deb said...

Congratulations!! I too have twins,(boy, girl) they are 31 years old now and we were also blessed with 8year old,(girl,girl)granddaughters.

Twins are a lot of fun. If you have questions that an old timer can answer feel free to ask.

be good to your self during this pregnancy, take it easy and enjoy every day is the best advice I can give you right now.

Amber said...

Beautiful pictures!

Elana Kahn said...

The going back to work equation is tough. I want to see if I can find a Nanny and get a job that will pay for a Nanny as well as the bills. If that doesn't happen then I'll stay home and do something from here. I'm currently selling Avon from home, which is definitely a great option.

looking4#3 said...

Hey from ICLW!!!!
Looks like we might have a LOT in common. I got married on July 10, 2004. After going on 5 cycles of clomid--no luck. We were going for IUI in June. But, I JUST found out I am pregnant!!! However, very very nervous. Betas are coming in high and rising. First one at 9DPO was 236, second one two days later was 482-11DPO. I don't think it is twins--I will be more than happy with one!!!Will be back to say hi!!!!
ICLW

Astrid said...

Congratulations! How exciting. Best wishes for a H&H pregnancy.

Alana said...

Much congrats to you and your DH!

*ICLW*

..al said...

How nice to be reading this!!! Gives me hope!

Am here from both ICLW and Lost and Found....

Super Congratulations!


Cassandra@ Baby Smiling in Back Seat and Chelle@ Our life in a Nut Chell are also expecting twins!


*ICLW*

Nina said...

Your pics are beautiful! Check around on the internet. There are lots of companies who offer deals to parents of multiples! Also, there's an organization called P.O.T.A.T.O, (Parents Of Twins And Triplets Organization) and I know they hold sales and stuff all the time. Your local hospital should have some information on these deals as well. There are lots of parenting magazines with good advice as well! Hope this helps!

Michelle said...

Congratulations! It's so nice to read of success stories! :) Good luck with everything!
~Michelle

jenn said...

Congrats on having twins!! : )

ICLW

We have Angel Wings said...

Congratulations on your beautiful babies!

Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy.

~ICLW

Naomi said...

Twin mummy in Oz here (boy girl twins too :)

pinklicoricelife.blogspot.com

Welcome to the WONDERFUL world of twins!

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

hi, I am visiting from ICLW...No. 126 to say hello and to check out your blog.

Congratulations on twins.
One of my boys was always a few days / up to a week behind his brother and at birth there was 800gm difference.

My twin boys are 2 yrs old ...almost 3. The cost is offset by double the love ;) and two for price of 1 pregnancy.

I agree check out multiple birth club sales / ebay online auctions and other places to help offset the cost of double cots / car seats/ highchairs.

We didn't have to have two exactly the same and settled for pre loved items on some gear (not car seats).
Save the $$$ for the best double buggy/pram/stroller you can buy.

Twins are awesome !

My Little Drummer Boys

Jennifer said...

Congrats on your twins!! (ICLW)

alicia said...

yay! they are beautiful!! so happy for you :)

Unknown said...

Mom to identical twin boys here :)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

You can come over to my blog, I sometimes write about them, or you can email me :)

The twins are 20 months now, and I can tell that the first year, is a blurr. You are SO busy, that you don't see time fly by. I have a 5 year old son too, and he was a big help, but trust me, it's ALOT of work...but SOOOO rewarding!! :)

I will keep you in my prayers and hope you have a flawless pregnancy!

Much love and prayer,
Chantal

Billy said...

How exciting to hear thier heart beats!
And girl-boy,that would really be great :-).

ICLW

Jenny @ Another Jennifer Speaks said...

awwww your having twins?! so cuuuuuute. :D

Kristin said...

Wishing you the best of luck in your pregnancy.

~ICLW

Stefanie Wolfaardt said...

Congratulations to you and Hubby on your twins. May they bring you lots of joy!

~Stopping by for ICLW~

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your twins. Best of luck throughout your pregnancy.

ICLW

butamoment said...

Congratulations on your twins. It is nice to see that this all works out occisionally.

ICLW

Related Posts with Thumbnails