So let's check out the ol' wive's tales. See what, according to them, is in store for us...
It's a boy if:
· You didn't experience morning sickness in early pregnancy
· Your baby's heart rate is less than 140 beats per minute
· You are carrying the extra weight out front
· Your belly looks like a basketball
· Your areolas have darkened considerably
· You are carrying low
· You are craving salty or sour foods
· You are craving protein -- meats and cheese
· Your feet are colder than they were before pregnancy
· The hair on your legs has grown faster during pregnancy
· Your hands are very dry
· Your pillow faces north when you sleep
· Dad-to-be is gaining weight, right along with you
· Pregnancy has you looking better than ever
· Your urine is bright yellow in color
· Your nose is spreading
· You hang your wedding ring over your belly and it moves in circles
· You are having headaches
· You add your age at the time of conception and the number for the month you conceived and the sum is an even number
It's a girl if:
· You had morning sickness early in pregnancy
· Your baby's heart rate is at least 140 beats per minute
· You are carrying the weight in your hips and rear
· Your left breast is larger than your right breast
· Your hair develops red highlights
· You are carrying high
· Your belly looks like a watermelon
· You are craving sweets
· You are craving fruit
· You crave orange juice
· You don't look quite as good as normal during pregnancy
· You are moodier than usual during pregnancy
· Your face breaks out more than usual
· You refuse to eat the heel of a loaf of bread
· Your breasts have really blossomed!
· Your pillow faces south when you sleep
· Your urine is a dull yellow color
· You hang your wedding ring over your belly and it moves from side to side
- You add your age at the time of conception and the number for the month you conceived and the sum is an odd number
Boy wives tales: 5
Girl wives tales: 8
(BTW if you're preggo, I tag you to do this craziness)
Okay... I had a friend do an US for me last week. She said "It's either a boy or a girl with a penis. Which one do you REALLY want Katie?!" I picked boy of course :)
Here's his little wang-doodle!
Here are his arms! (to which my dad said "no, this is his penis. He takes after me." OMG! THANKS DAD!!!!!!!!!!)
His wittle foot!
His alien face
His face and his hand on his face! (is he sucking on his fingers like his mommy still does at age 24?!)
I asked her about Baby A. She's still completely there. Bumble B here is just lounging on top of her sac like it's a dang mattress or something! Glad to know he's comfy. I told my mom that he's already practicing camping, sleepin on his air mattress. We got the giggles and our friend, the tech, called us crazy and sick.
She said for now my placenta is to the side, but once everything kinda spills out of my pelvis, it'll probably be anterior. Dang AP :( I won't be able to feel him for awhile...
She also said my cervix was nice and long! And she showed it to me. Def not what I pictured it looking like...
Today I had a Dr. appointment. Sunday I moved a patient and since then I have felt period-like cramps, soreness, my vagina and uterus felt like they were going to fall out, and I just wanted to hold my crotch. Last night I had this really bad cramp come and go. I thought about it and it sounded like a Braxton Hicks, but I'm way too early for that right? I mentioned this all to my Dr and she did a pelvic to check my cervix. Said all was shut, Yaay!
7 years ago