Sunday, September 14, 2008

Show And Tell

Show and Tell
I am working 3rd shift tonight, so in honor of crazy drunk people in the ER, I will showing and telling about crazy drunk stupid people that come in for xrays!

I am an xray tech and I love it. It is ALWAYS interesting....


This guy got shot in the leg and the bullet traveled into his SCROTUM! Crazy huh????


This is a 7 year old girl that broke her arm going down a slide. She probably wasn't drunk...

This dummy tried to kill himself with a nail gun. He definitely didn't die but got himself a few days in the hospital with a bleed on his brain and the entire staff taking care of him thinking he was stupid. I really feel bad for people that are suicidal. I'm sure it's a lonely scary feeling, but a NAIL GUN????


18 people that love me told me so:

Monica said...

hahahhaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!! Those are ridiculous! I had a friend who was a nurse's aide and he brought in x-ray photos of a guy who got a dildo shoved so far up his arse, they couldn't get it out. It was like, stuck WAY the hell up there. The patient said he'd "slipped and fallen." Um, yeah.

Katie said...

Bahahahah yeah I have seen that too! I xrayed a 16 year old who had a cucumber stuck in his butt. HIS butt.

Anonymous said...

OHW!!! I bet you see some CRAZY stuff there!

Kristin said...

Bwahahaha...when I was in EMS, I saw an x-ray of someone with a flashlight shoved up his azz. The funny part is it turned on when he put it in.

AnotherDreamer said...

Wow, that's some craziness there!

MrsSpock said...

Hhahahah...when I was in nursing school, a few of us had to go to the morgue for something. There was a large shelf with severed body parts and whatnot that people wanted back to be buried with them. Oh yeah, and objects found in people's bodies. I don't know why they kept this stuff in the morgue. There was a bucket that was covered up and we wanted to know what was in it. After badgering the guy, he let us see the giant dildo that had been stuck up some guy's patootie. Ay carrumba!

Michelle said...

HAHAHA Wow, that has to be a very interesting job seeing all this crazy stuff.

Kristin (kekis) said...

HA!!! What a fun show & tell. I love good stuff like this. :) My mom's an ER nurse, so I always enjoy good (and stupid) patient stories.

JuliaS said...

Poor little girl - having fun at the park, sliding down a slide . . . and instead of a picnic lunch ends up with a cast.

The other two - well, all I can say is "wow".

Delenn said...

Ohh..this feeds my morbid side. Very cool.

m said...

Eeewwwwww!!!!!

alicia said...

wow! these are neat! thanks for sharing!

Shinejil said...

Wow. Remind me never to try to solve my problems with a nail gun. Yikes.

Cara said...

Aggghhhh! My niece (4) and my friend's daughter (6) both BROKE their wrists on the monkey bars this summer. What is a mother to do????

Rebecca said...

I worked in Radiology at Children's Hospital in Boston so I only ever heard about the sad stuff. It's great when you get to hear about the funny stuff too!

Anonymous said...

OW to that bullet. I worked night shift too when I was a nurse. Seems like the good ones always come out at night.

Stacie said...

Hi there, here from ICLW. The x-rays are great, I love the first one. I have worked in a pharmacy for 11 years and have heard some pretty crazy stories. Working in this industry is never boring!

BTW, Love your layout.

Elana Kahn said...

These x-rays are hilarious. Seriously, people are way stupid.

Thanks for being "a post I wish I had written" for Blogger Bingo!

Related Posts with Thumbnails