Thursday, June 4, 2009

I Need Advice!!

My BFF is getting married Saturday. YAAY!! I'm so freaking pasty it's not even funny. I also wanted to refresh my hair color, but my Dr said no airbrush tan or hair coloring.

Is she just really conservative or was everyone told this?? Of course my baby comes first, but it's my BEST FRIEND'S WEDDING!! I've been waiting on this day since 10th grade. Almost 10 years later of them being together its finally happening. And I want to look freaking fabulous. I'm a dang bridesmaid for God's sake. I don't think pregnant women should look like crap. I think we'd feel a whole lot better about ourselves if we were allowed to do anything!

Sorry rampage. These hormones have been out of CONTROL this week!!!!

Update- "If you're not feeling attractive during pregnancy, the look of sun-kissed skin may do wonders for your self-esteem. The good news is that the ingredients in self-tanners are harmless, so it's fine to use them during pregnancy. These lotions and sprays are basically dyes that stay on the surface of your skin and won't harm your developing baby. Best of all, self-tanners have improved dramatically over the past few years, so you don't have to worry about looking like an extra from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory."
I'm doing it. I followed all the stupid rules my last pregnancy and this pregnancy and I still have 2 dead babies. It's not like I'm smoking or drinking a bottle of tequila. It's dang paint that stays on my skin for like 4 days. Of course, now that I saw my little virtual baby floating over there on my page I start to panic... Why can't think just be easy?! Women go through their pregnancies smoking, drinking, doing crack, and have no prenatal care and their babies are fine. It's so incredibly obnoxious and unfair.

8 people that love me told me so:

just me, dawn said...

gosh, i don't want to give you advice on this....but i know that everything i read on hair dye is that is that it doesn't set directly on your scalp for the most part and hasn't been shown to be dangerous (i don't think it has been proven safe either) but i will more than likely be continuing to color my hair otherwise, everyone will think i am the grandmother LOL.
regarding spray tan....i personally wouldn't because it covers so much of your body, but i don't know anything about it as i don't ever do it....
good luck with your choice, i want you to look awesome :)

Beautiful Mess said...

I agree with just me, dawn. I think the hair dye is fine. Spray on tan might be a bit much, though. Can you use a bronzer of sorts for your skin? How much of your skin is exposed?
Good luck!
*HUGS*

The Henry Family said...

It's strange that she would not want you to use hair dye or air brush tanner, but would give you darvocet. Not that there is anything wrong with darvocet when you are pregnant, but it DOES cross the placenta, and so it m

My OB told me that hair dye was fine after the first trimester (but he is very conservative) and most of my friends were told it is not a problem during any of pregnancy.

I used a self-tanning lotion (Dove) during the second and third trimesters. Gave me a lovely glow by the third day, so perhaps your OB would approve that?

The Pifer's said...

I've heard as long as the room your in is ventilated, b/c pregnant women get highlights and get there hair done all the time...but I am not expert...and what about fake tan lotion, you know..not spay, but the lotion kind...that away there isn't any fumes?!!? I don't know either...I've seen it done before...but don't know the facts..

B MoM said...

i'm of the EXACT same attitdue. i following ALL the rules in my last two and they didn't make it. this one, I'm a little bendy. I sipped on beer if I wanted a taste, I eat deli meat in moderation and even a couple pieces of raw fish, which I LOVE...I flew to NYC against doctor's advice only b/c he didn't want me to feel guilty if something happened, and baby is still here, kicking away. You are smart, you know your body...everything in moderation. people are a little too paranoid sometimes.

Katey said...

I found your blog through "The R House". But I've also heard that both of those things are fine. But pregnancy hormones can change the outcome of the hair dye.

oklaln86 said...

In beauty school (and while getting my degree in chemistry and biology) I've always heard it was fine. As long as the room has free flowing air. We have this thing here that is called Versa Tan and it's 100% natural ingredients (found in nature.)

Marni's Organized Mess said...

Ask the specific place you use. The one I did said it was okay, all natural.

But I say do it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails